Tuesday, June 3, 2008

What did you say?

Okay, so we are out here in Blythe, California visiting family. We are having a great time.

On Monday, the girls and I go visit my mom at work. My mom takes us around to visit everyone in the office and some of her teacher friends. We go say "hi" to my 5th grade teacher, Marcella Thomas. She is a beautiful black woman. Anyway, Marcella tells the girls to come give her a hug and the girls go and give her a hug. Rebecca then told Marcella "you're black all over, aren't you?" What?!?! Marcella said, "Yes I am and you're light all over aren't you?" Rebecca then answered, "yes".

Anyway, I am glad it happened to Marcella instead of some random person that could have taken that the wrong way.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think this happens to a lot of small children (my mom says it happened to me in a grocery store). They're so curious about the world around them, not to mention there's no filter between their brain and mouth. :)

Anonymous said...

We're actually not going anywhere right away. Michael just started a new job and doesn't want to take so much time off so soon. Instead, we're going to save up for a really awesome getaway in a few months. :)

Elle said...

Thanks for you comment about diapers. I'm sure I'll use disposables sometimes for the convenience, but I'll try to make sure they are chemical free :)

Your girls are gorgeous!! Totally digging the blog - hope that California is treating you well!