Wednesday, July 16, 2008

I Miss My Friends

So, two of my friends that lived pretty close to me moved within a week of each other. They are not too terribly far, but far enough to not get together. It is sad and it seems like a very tragic end to a great friendship. Although we will always remain friends, I don't think we will see each other very often so, we will grow further and further apart and our kids will probably forget one another.

I am just not sure that I am willing to let these two friends go. It will be harder to get together, but we will have to all make an effort. We need to find common ground for all of us and meet as much as our busy schedules will allow, which may get a little tricky, since some of our kids are in school this year. Plus, we all are on a budget and gas prices seem to be breaking the bank these days. Yeah, this really isn't looking good, but I will do my best to meet up with my dear friends.

I met my two friends, one through the Hurst Rec. Center and the other through my mommies group. We really hit it off. They were just two of those people that you shared so much in common, that we were bound to be great friends. In fact, one of my friends and I went to the same college. And the other friend, her kids and my kids are exactly the same age. Her daughter is two weeks older than Rebecca and her son is four days younger than Annie. That is crazy. But that is the bond that I share with my friends.

I feel like I am writing a eulogy for my friends. I just miss my friends and hope that we can find enough time in our busy schedules to get together. It would be a tragedy to let this friendship end.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear about your friends. Imagine how they must feel. At the end of May, my husband and I packed up and moved out-of-state. It's been two months and we still don't know anyone here. My best friend lives 6 hours from me us. :(