Wednesday, July 23, 2008

A Kidless Weekend

Matt and I had our first weekend alone, without the kids, in four years. Yeah, I know, we don't get out much and really didn't want to impose and ask someone to watch our kids. Matt had a work dinner so we thought we would try to get someone to watch the girls. We asked our wonderful neighbors and they were available. That was so nice of them. Plus, I thought it would be easier on the girls if they had trouble sleeping at someone else's house, they could come next door and sleep in their own bed. It worked out well. Girls were really good and Kevin and Leah seemed to really enjoy the girls staying with them.

We left on Friday night and stayed in Eastland, TX. Then the next morning we got up and drove to Breckenridge, TX. Matt had to teach a class at 8 at the hospital. So, I sat in the class and read, filed my nails and just had an over all relaxing day without the constant whine I sometimes hear all day. Matt's class got out around noon. We got some lunch and drove to Temple, where the dinner was. It was a long drive and I wasn't looking forward to driving back home after the dinner was over.

So, we got to Temple, TX and stopped at a Starbucks, had some coffee and then got dressed in their restroom. We thought it would be kind of weird if we were to get dressed in the hotel bathroom without having a room. Anyway, so we got dressed up. We looked good. Unfortunately, we did not get a picture of us all dressed up. Maybe next time. But we looked good. So, we did the dinner thing and left the hotel just before 10pm. We were on our way home. We didn't get home until midnight.

Leah put the girls to bed in their beds at home so we would not have to move them when we got home. They did good all weekend. Here are some pictures to prove it.










Below are the pictures of them the next morning. Aren't they cute! We did enjoy our time away but, were happy to be home with our babies. The girls were so wore out from the weekend they went to bed at 7 pm on Sunday night. It was nice.


2 comments:

Lori said...

Hey Jennifer,
I followed your link and I'm enjoying your posts. Where did you get your little signature thing? I want to add one to my page. We just bought a 3 month supply of meat from a similar company. Maybe we'll see y'all soon.

Lori said...

I got a signature, but the problem is it only explained how to get it on one post. Surely I don't have to paste that to the end of every post, do I?????