Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Four in the Bed and the Little One Said, Roll Over, Roll Over.....

Early on Tuesday morning we had a huge thunder storm move through. We were under tornado watch earlier Monday evening but I think it had expired by the time we went to bed. But at 3:30 in the morning we had lightning and thunder and the hardest rain we've had in a long time. I was sure that when I got up in the morning I would find our fence blown down or a tree limb or two laying on the ground. Thankfully there was no damage.

Both girls were scared of the loud crashing thunder and made there way into our bed. At least we have a king size bed, so we weren't too squished. They did go right back to sleep while I stayed up and listened to the rain and the thunder. It lasted for at least 30 minutes. It stopped once but came back a couple of minutes later.

Even though I couldn't go back to sleep right away, I did enjoy the sleeping family moment and thought how wonderful it is. Although, I am not going to say that every time I am awake in the middle of the night.


No comments: