Thursday, February 5, 2009

Who Would Have Thought.....

You know those little annoying shadow stains that you get on your clothes? Well, I know how to get them out. I accidentally washed and dried a tube of Carmex with my clothes. Needless to say, the Carmex tube was empty when I pulled it out of the dryer. And my clothes had these greasy looking spots all over them. I tried washing them again with a stain remover, but that didn't work.

I called my mom to see if she had any tricks. She couldn't think of anything that I haven't already tried. My mom did say that my cousin, Tonya, might be able to help. My mom said that when my cousin was living in Spain, her host mother got out all kinds of stains. So, I called my cousin. Tonya told me that her host mother just beat the crap out of the stains, literally. Tonya said that there wasn't anything special that her host mother used. Tonya did tell me that a crayon got in her dryer and melted everywhere and made such a mess. She went to the Crayola website and it had a remedy that would help get out melted crayon out of your clothes. So, I thought since Carmex and crayons have a waxy, oily base to them this remedy might just work.

The remedy is W-D 40. Yes, that lubricating spray that makes your doors stop squeaking. W-D 40 and Dawn dish soap that is. It actually works. I was very impressed. I just thought I would share that little tidbit of information for those of you who have a nasty shadow stained shirt that you are about to throw away. Try this first.

1 comment:

Cheerful Homemaker said...

That's so strange. But hey, whatever works, right?