Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Radar

When you become a mom, you have this radar or what kids think are eyes in the back of your head. Although, most of the things my kids do are so obvious what they are doing before I make it into the room they are in.

So, two nights ago my daughter, Rebecca, has been waking up in the middle of the night. She got up and came in my room and brought her sister, Annie, with her. It was 12:30am. Rebecca asks me if they could play in her room quietly. I told her no, because it was 12:30 in the morning. Rebecca thought that the sun was going to come up anytime now and that it would be okay to play. I put them back into bed and threatened them if they got out of bed. It didn't work. Two hours later I put them back to bed for the last time. Only because they actually stayed.

They were up bright and early that morning and I was in no mood to deal with the day, but unfortunately, when you are a mom, you don't get any days off. I know, who would sign up for this job. So, I go through my entire day exhausted but looking forward to when the girls go to bed. They go to bed between 7:30-8:00pm. So, they finally went to bed.

I stay up a little longer to just relax and just listen to the quiet. Finally, I get to bed and I lay down and instantly I am asleep. I am pretty sure that I slept pretty good. All of a sudden, my mommy radar goes off. I heard Rebecca say, "let's go outside." I look at my clock, it was 3:30am. Running into Rebecca's room to stop her "great idea", I hear her tell Annie (who is still sleeping in bed) it is cold outside and they will need to put on their jackets. I find Rebecca standing in her room, wide awake and wanting to go play. I tell Rebecca it is still night time and she needs to get back in her bed. Reluctantly, Rebecca crawls back in her bed. I leave or so Rebecca thought, because she tries to wake Annie up. This kid is killing me! So, I tell her that if she can't be quiet she can go sleep somewhere else. Then at a little after 4:00am I hear both girls talking. I get out of bed again and tell them they need to go back to sleep. If I hear them again I was going to separate them. They like to sleep with each other. But I think that is going to have to stop because neither one of them are getting the sleep that they need.

So, I make it to bed and get back to sleep. Both girls stayed in bed for the rest of the night. Unfortunately, the morning came to soon. I wish I could have slept a little longer.

2 comments:

Cheerful Homemaker said...

Sounds like you have your hands full!

Sami said...

Ok, so I thought I'd had all the tricks played on me, but I've never had any child try to go outside in the middle of the night! That was a good one. You'll laugh about this when they are older.... :0)