Thursday, May 8, 2008

Haircuts, Free Stuff and All Kinds of Fun....

Okay, first off, this last week, Rebecca saw a picture of herself with bangs and decided that she wanted me to cut her bangs. Several months ago Rebecca didn't want me to cut her bangs anymore, so we started pulling them back to keep them out of her face. Her bangs were about to her chin when I cut them. Here is a cute picture with her bangs. Just pretend she doesn't have the red eye.


And of course Miss Annie not wanting to take a picture of her cute hairdo. Annie is finally letting me do something with her hair. She is still likely to take it out before the day is through, but this is a start.

Okay, on with the "free stuff". The girls and I along with my friend Laura and her two boys went to the Fort Worth Botanical Gardens on Monday. It was really beautiful. The flowers were all in bloom, the weather was nice, although we had a few sprinkles, and of course it was free to get in to the Botanical Gardens.

We had a nice little picnic and I didn't care if the girls were screaming and running around while they should be eating their lunch. It was nice to go to a place where you can let your kids mess around and not worry about bothering someone else. Sure there were people there, but if they didn't like those screaming kids then they could go find another place to sit. There really weren't a whole lot of people there and the girls weren't too terribly annoying, they were just having fun. Here are some picture of the kiddos at the Botanical Gardens.

Of course you can't get a picture of them without saying "Cheese"! From left to right. Elliott, Rebecca, Oliver and Annie.

I decided to dress the girls in matching outfits that day because I thought if one of them got away from me, then I would only have to remember one outfit when giving a description to the cops. The girls were tired and needed a break.


Here is Rebecca, Elliott, and Oliver playing with bubbles. In the background you can see all the flowers in bloom. We were in the Rose Garden and they had tons of roses that were all in bloom.


Here are the kids taking an Oreo pit stop. They could not got any further until they had their oreos. Don't they look so cute with their Oreo faces?

As you can see from this shot, how beautiful it was at the gardens. All the kids had fun and again it was free. The girls were whooped and fell asleep in the car. It was a nice day. I plan to do more outings there.

Okay, on with "all kinds of fun". Tomorrow is the BIG day for me. I am going in at 10:30am for my lasik procedure. I am supposed to keep my eyes closed for the first 2 hours after the surgery. Then I can open them put my medicine in and continue to keep them closed for most of the day. Hmm, sounds like I might get a nap tomorrow. Oh, and I have to wear theses sexy sunglasses all day tomorrow, inside and out. I'll be sure to get a picture of that. My doctor said I should see results by tomorrow evening. Saturday I can drive myself to the doctor for my post-op appointment. I am looking forward to it and the long term effects of it. I am a bit nervous today and probably won't get any sleep tonight because of it. I will write as soon as I can to let everyone know how well everything went.

I better run for now, I thought I ought to clean the house and make it all nice and neat because I probably won't feel like doing it tomorrow.


No comments: