Monday, August 11, 2008

About Us

Well, I have been neglecting my blog. Obviously, since I have not posted anything since the end of July and we are close to the middle of August. I am in a writing slump. I am having trouble thinking of something worth while and interesting to write about. I just want it to be fun and interesting for my readers. Which by the way am thinking aren't too many. After all, I don't get many comments on my subjects.

Sure, I can always write about my two angels. That is always a hit with the family that actually reads my blog. So, here is a little bit about what they are into these days.

Rebecca, who is almost 4, is independent and head strong, just like her dad. Rebecca finished her swimming lessons and loved it. She moved up from her pre-school class to level 1. She is becoming quite a little swimmer. She seems to like to go underwater a lot. Rebecca just learned how to ride her big girl bike with training wheels. And she can actually steer and pedal at the same time. When it cools off a bit more, she will get more practice. I just enrolled Rebecca in pre-school. She starts September 2nd. Her class will be from 11:00-2:30, two days a week. I am really looking forward to that. It will be nice to have one on one time with Annie. I also enrolled Rebecca in a class that will teach her tap, ballet and rhythmic dancing. With her pre-school class schedule, I was unable to get her into tumbling, which she may be a little disappointed, but it is only for 8 weeks and then we can try it next time.

Annie, who is almost 2 1/2, is mellow, but following in her sister footsteps as far as the attitude thing goes. Annie just finished swimming lessons and will be promoted to the pre-school class next summer. Skill wise she was ready now, but I know she would not sit there and listen to her teachers while the other kids take their turns. Her favorite part of swimming lessons was jumping off the diving board and side of the pool. Seriously, she has no fear of the water. It was great. Annie likes to play with her baby dolls and loves to play with her big sister. The girls play pretty well together, not including the hitting that might go on.....we are still working on that. I enrolled Annie in a music class. She has taken this class before and really enjoys it. I also enrolled her in a mommy and me tumbling class.

Matt is enjoying his new position with his company. He is good at it and doesn't seem to miss being a Flight Paramedic. He is able to work from home, which is nice, however, we need an office where he can close the doors and not be interrupted by the girls. We are looking into moving to a bigger house. We will let you know what goes down with that situation as it comes up. Matt is becoming more corporate everyday. What I mean by corporate is he dresses up when he needs to go to work (dress shoes, ironed clothes, etc.), is a pro at texting (sometimes while driving), and has conference calls. It is good to see him like this. It truly fits.

Me....well, I take care of the house, kids and all the other stuff that fits in the "mom" category. I am looking forward to school starting to get back into a routine with the girls. Since, Matt will be home somewhat, I want to start working out again. I am tired of the "mom" body that I have acquired since having kids and am looking forward to being me again. Or at least a skinnier me. I try to keep the girls active without spending a ton of money. I think I have become quite thrifty and look for free or cheap things to do for entertainment. I am active in my mommies group and enjoy getting together, when my schedule permits, with other moms and letting the kiddos play. I look forward to going to church and get my spiritual fill. Church is even better now, that Matt is able to come every Sunday. I hated sitting alone when he had to work Sundays.

I love to write, so I will try to keep up with my blog as much as possible. I always wanted to be a writer (of some sort), so I will do some research and find topics to discuss.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you finally posted a new blog! I check everyday, hoping that there's something new. Your daughters are so adorable and it's great that they both love swimming. You could have some future Olympians on your hands. ;) I made a blog e-mail, don't be a stranger!

Melody said...

Great to hear you are all doing well! Glad Matt is enjoying his new job - what made him change his career? Hope we can get together one of these days!