Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Been Busy

Well, my title says it all. I have been busy. Not really with anything in particular, just busy. The girls have been congested and trying to get sick and so have I. I am running around trying to make sure everyone has all the right medicines on hand just in case it gets bad at night, like it tends to do.

I have to admit that I have not been running. With my schedule and my husbands schedule I am not finding a good time to get out and do it. Matt's schedule should cool off a bit and then I will get back into it. I did the first week of running went just fine. The second week started out well, but by the end of the week, I could not find a good time to get out and run. The third week well, it just didn't happen. Especially since the girls have been trying to get sick and the weather has changed and it has been raining too. I am not going to run in the rain on purpose.

Today, I took the girls to get their pictures made. They turned out great. Don't ya think?




Oh, before I end this post, I thought I would share that I made some homemade apple butter. It turned out wonderful. I have never canned anything, but have watched my dad do it several times growing up and helped out a bit too. Anyway, I love it on biscuits. Yum. Sami, you don't have to leave any at my parents house unless you want to. I actually would love to compare how yours came out vs. mine. I actually didn't make as much as I would have liked. I bought a lot of apples, but they really cook down. My first batch only made 3 pints. My second batch made 10 8oz. jars. I am going to give some away as gifts for Christmas.

4 comments:

Lori said...

Beautiful pictures of beautiful girls!!!

Melody said...

The pictures came out great! How fun to dress them alike - they are so cute.

Sami said...

That's awesome about your apple butter! What a great "adventure". My first canning "adventure" was great and I love it! It's messy and time consuming, but when I open up a jar of homemade apple butter it makes it all worth it! I'll still leave one when I make it to Blythe again.

Cute pictures of your girls. What great memories.

Anonymous said...

Great photos! I've been wanting to make apple butter to can, but haven't made the time yet. Hopefully in a couple of weeks!