Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Oh My Gosh!

So, I did my first mile run today. It hurt so bad. Really. I did a little warm up and stretched and got all ready to go. I had my watch set on stop watch mode so I can see how out of shape I was. I told myself that I was not going to look at my time until I finished.

I clicked on my stop watch and headed off for my mile run. Yes, only one mile. I told Matt that I wouldn't be gone long, I was only going to run a mile. Back in the day, it only took me 8-10 minutes to run a mile. Man, have things changed. So, I am running and I just start to hurt. My breathing is out of control and my chest hurt and I stopped to walk. I shouldn't have looked at my watch to see how long it took me to stop and walk, but I did. I ran for 3 minutes and thought I was going to die. Wow, I am so out of shape. What happened?

So, I thought okay, I'm out of shape but do a brisk walk and I'll get better next time. I walked and felt better and then tried to run again. That didn't last long. This is really going to be a tough goal to accomplish.

I got to my street and thought okay, I am going to run all the way home. Not, that did not happen. I finally got back to my house and it took about 13-14 minutes to finish that mile. The reason I don't have the exact time is because I forgot to look at my watch when I got to the house. Man, this is bad. My legs felt like jello and now they just ache.

Tomorrow is my rest day. Yeah, I am totally resting. I am going to accomplish this goal, it just might take me longer. I am going to do this, yes I can!

Thanks for all the encouragement. It really helps to know that people are watching my progress and are encouraging. This just adds to my motivation that keeps me going.

1 comment:

Travis said...

Way to go, Jennifer! I'm very proud of you and can't wait to tell Sigi. You may have even inspired me to get back into it. I ran a half marathon in June but haven't run much since. Just remember- inch by inch it's a cinch. You're doing it right by starting out slowly- improvement will come. Can't wait to see y'all!!
Love, Travis