Saturday, March 14, 2009

Birthday Blog

My birthday was yesterday. It was pretty uneventful. Just like every other birthday when you get older. Rebecca asked me why I didn't have a cake or get presents. I told her that when you get old, you don't always have a party or get presents or have a cake. She was confused. I probably scared her for life and she won't want to ever grow up. But, that is the way it goes.

I did however, get some presents. They just weren't very exciting, at least to a 4 year old. I got 4 different gift cards. Money is always good for me.

I also thought I was going to be free and clear of any ailments on my birthday. I was wrong. I always have some sort of issue on my birthday and I have ever since I was a kid. I remember having strep throat on at least two birthdays and the chicken pox on another and have just been randomly sick on several others. Well, this year I got conjunctivitis of the eye, which is known as pink eye. I looked real attractive on my birthday. I actually was diagnosed the day before my birthday, so it didn't look as bad as it did the first day. It was swollen and I couldn't open my eye completely. The second day, my birthday, my eye looked normal but was really red. I was still able to go out and have fun on my birthday.

My husband took me out for my birthday dinner. We went to Pappadeaux's, which is a Cajun restaurant. It was really good. It was nice to get out without the kids too. My mother-in-law watched the girls for us. My mother-in-law moved in with us and I am glad to have the extra help with the girls. I will write more on her big move from California to Texas.

My husband got some news on my birthday. He got a job offer for a job that he really wants. He has to decide if he wants to take it or not by Monday. I don't want to go. We would have to pick up and move out in the middle of no where. I have just started to feel comfortable with where we are at. I like it here. I like our church, our friends, our house, the area we live in, the big city. My husband wants to move us two hours from here, out in the middle of no where. Are you kidding me? I grew up in a little town out in the middle of no where and loved moving out here where you were close to everything and there is so much to do. Apparently, this small town that my husband wants to move our family has a Walmart. Woo hoo! I know it is hard to be sarcastic when blogging, but that was totally a sarcastic woo hoo. We are going out to the little town today to take a look. This job would pay my husband quite a bit more, benefits are better, cost of living is probably cheaper and my mother-in-law would move out there with us. I don't know, we are just going to have go see it. I will post on our decision on Monday, since that is when I will know if I have to move to the boonies.

3 comments:

Cheerful Homemaker said...

Happy birthday! I'd go nuts if my mother-in-law (either of them!) moved in with us, but it sounds like you're really happy about it!

Melody said...

good luck with your decision! i can imagine that would be a hard decision to make. I hope you make the one that's best for your family!

Lori said...

wow, i'm interested to hear what y'all decide. good luck & happy birthday!