Wednesday, April 8, 2009

For Sale by Owner

Yes, we finally got around to putting a For Sale by Owner sign in our yard. So, I guess it is official, we are moving and this is just the first step in this whirlwind process. Our house offically is not ready to show, but since that sign is out there we will have to get our act together and get stuff done. And in the meantime we will be advertising and seeing if there is an interest in our house. I think I might post some pictures on Craigslist and see if we get any bites.

We found nine acres in Comanche with a small one bedroom house on the property for not too much. So, while my husband is working he can live there. When we sell the house we will build a suitable size house for our family on that property. The existing house will become my mother-in-laws house, a little granny unit as we call it. The property has Coastal grass which is hay. We can have someone cut the hay and make some money. So, I guess we will have a working ranch/farm.

Nothing is set yet on the house. We will go out and see it tomorrow and see if it is worth it. I am kind of excited about this because at least it will be a plan and I will know where I will live in a year. I don't like having uncertainty in my life, so this is a good thing. I just pray that it all works out and this is where we are supposed to be.

The City of Comanche is growing on me. It seems like the more I go out there the more I like it. The people are all really nice, but I am sure that once we get there we will learn the inside and out of the small town politics that always exist. Last visit we ate at this restaurant called Star Beau's. It was a really cute restaurant. They had the best chicken salad sandwich. It was so good. They also had a really good homade cheesecake that was drizzled with carmel sauce. Yum. Anyway, when we go out there I would like to try this place again. Plus, the guy who I think was the owner was really nice and more than willing to help us find a place to buy. I do love that aspect of small town living.

1 comment:

Sami said...

Glad your move is looking up! It can be hard to move, that is why we never have (well, not far anyway!).

There is a quote from one of our church leaders that you might like:

Your future is as bright as your faith.