Thursday, April 22, 2010

More Pictures

My house is twice the size of my old house and has taken time to get organized and to take pictures of it, so I can share with my wonderful readers. My house was built in 1950 but has been completely remodeled. In fact, I was told at some point during the sale that the floor plan is completely different than the original design. I heard that the master bedroom used to be the kitchen area, which makes sense because of where some doors are placed in that room. I will follow up with that room on a later blog. Anyway, today I am showing the formal living room and family room.

Below are pictures of the formal living room. Like I said this house was twice the size of my old house, so there is a lack of furniture in this particular room. I am not sure what we are going to do in this room, but if I find a nice couch at a reasonable price it will go in here.



This is my Texas room, aka the family room. This, so far, is my favorite room in the house. I love the textured walls, wainscoting, fan, decor, just everything that gives this room the special feel of being a Texas room. The furniture in this room is everything we had in our other house. It all fit in this room. The shelves in the corner are built-in and came with the house. I have a set of longhorn horns that I have not put up on the wall yet. To me that totally adds character to this Texas room. They will be hung over the doorway.


I am looking forward to having friends and family come out for a visit. Our first overnight guests will be here in May. I am looking forward to spending time and entertaining in my new house. We will have to have some good old guitar picking and singing for the entertainment and some good barbecue to fill our stomachs.

1 comment:

Cheerful Homemaker said...

Love the big house! We've only bought a bed since getting married. We've lived together since Nov 2006 and all of our furniture is my furniture from my first apartment in August 2005... and it's all second-hand.