Sunday, March 16, 2008

30...Ugh....

Well, this past Thursday, I turned the big 30. I have officially moved into another age bracket. I don't feel old, but when you say that you are 30, it kinda hits you. I have accomplished what I have thought I would have accomplished by this age. I have a college degree, husband, 2 kids, a dog, a cat, a mortgage, car payments, accumulated debt, and am doing what I love and hate at the same time. I would not change a thing.....except for the debt, that is never good.

On my birthday, I spent my day doing nothing. I thought I was going to have a miserable day, I am usually sick on my birthday. But I was as healthy as can be. I spent time with my family and friends and over all it was a very good day. Rebecca and Annie told me Happy Birthday every time they thought of it (which was a lot). They were so excited to have cake and blow out the candles. Just like all kids, they love a party.

So, for my "party" we went to Mi Pueblo for some good Mexican food and some awesome margaritas. YUM! My friends Kevin and Leah joined us for the festivities. Then Kevin got a little sneaky and told our waitress that it was my birthday. So everyone sang Happy Birthday to me. Got a little teary eyed in the moment just having a really great time with my wonderful family and great friends. Wouldn't have wanted it any other way. Okay, maybe I would have enjoyed some more family that I don't get to see to often. Now that would have been nice.
Now I leave you with some pictures of the festivities.










~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
On Saturday we went to the Hurst Easter Egg Hunt. We went last year and had a great time. Both girls loaded their baskets full of candy (that is gross) and plastic eggs that have free kids meals at Chick-fil-a. Anyway, the girls had a great time.

Now here are some pictures of the girls at the Hurst Eggstavaganza....




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh, and go to this blog and check out Dana's quilt she is giving away!!!


http://www.oldredbarnco.blogspot.com/

4 comments:

Travis said...

Jennifer, congratulations on turning 30- it's a good decade! I'm glad you got to spend it with good friends (ones we know!) and wish we could have been there. I'm lovin' the design of the blog and it's great to see the pictures.

Mucho love from Hansen UK!

Meredith said...

Ahhh! Sorry I haven't been blogging alot lately, or checking other blogs, but Happy Late Birthday!!!!!!! I'm glad to see you had an awesome day! Your girls are precious and it looked like you guys had a fun Easter. It was freezing here in A-town. Don't you miss it?????

Dana said...

Happy Belated Birthday! :)

And, thanks for the mention of my giveaway. Whew! I'm worn out from it all. But already sewing another quilt for the next giveaway.

Melody said...

ooh margaritas - yumm! That's a fun birthday - Happy belated! I just turned 30 too...ugh...

Let's get together for margaritas & mexican food to celebrate cinqo de mayo (late)!