Sunday, March 9, 2008

Crazy Texas Weather

This past week we had the pleasure of having a snow day. The funny thing is the day before was in the mid 70's. That is Texas for you, one day you are sunny, wearing summer clothes and then the next day you are freezing cold, snowing outside and trying to remember where you put your jacket. The girls absolutely loved it though. However, the wind was so cold while it was snowing that it was just too much for them to stay outside for too long. I did manage to get a couple of pictures. I think we ended up with 3 or 4 inches of snow. The flakes were huge. They were about an inch in diameter and coming down really fast. Other parts of the area got like 9 inches. Of course, it was gone by the next day as it got up to 45 degrees.
When the snow was gone the girls kept looking outside asking where the snow went and when it was going to come back. Well, I didn't have a good enough answer because this is what I found them looking like a little while later. By the way, they are in time out.
So, they got into the baby powder and decided to have a snow storm in Annie's room. The mess wasn't too terribly bad, but enough for them to have a time out. I know it is not right to point fingers when they were obviously both at fault, but Rebecca was the definite colporate in the whole ordeal. She is a smart little kid that tries to get away with everything. She definitely pushes the limit and my buttons at the same time. Motherhood is by far the most stressful yet rewarding bliss I have ever been through. It is constant, ongoing, and never a dull moment. My cup is full and sometimes over flowing, there will be no more little Hansen's running around, at least on this branch of the family tree.

Anyway, since I started this blog, I feel like I am using my brain a little bit more than usual. I have to think about spelling and grammar. Plus, I am keeping up on the picture taking that I kind of let go for a while because of schedules and laziness. On that note, I will leave you with some more pictures of my precious little angels.














1 comment:

Dana said...

Jennifer -- thanks for checking out my blog and posting info about my quilt giveaway in your sidebar. By doing so you earned five extra entries in the contest drawing. Keep in mind that the contest won't begin until my 200th post which should be sometime later this week. :)

Lovely little blog you have here. And, some crazy Texas weather! I'll be back.