Saturday, August 16, 2008

Incompetence

I went to Walmart this evening to get some milk. We've been going through a ton of milk lately because my husband and I have been drinking Slim Fast shakes in the morning. So, the milk has been going faster than normal.

Anyway, all I had to get was two gallons of milk and put some money on a gas card. I get into the express lane, 20 items or less. The guy in front of me had about 12 items in his basket. The people in front of him were gathering their bags and leaving. The guy unloads the small things from his cart and he lifts out a case of coke and sprite for the cashier to ring up and he put those back in his cart. The cashier gives the guy his total and he pays. The guy gathers his bags and heads for the door.

It is my turn. Well, the cashier looks at the guy leaving and noticed that she did not ring up the two cases of bottled water and a case of Dr. Pepper that were on the rack under the cart. She said something to me that she did not ring up those items, but does nothing about it. Wow! She continued to ring up my items. I was out of there fairly quick, but can you believe she just let that guy go after noticing her mistake and saying something to me about it? Really!

As my husband often tells incompetent people, if he did his job half as bad as you do, people would be dead. Being the former paramedic that he used to be, but how true is that. He tells people that when they give him the wrong change in his favor and he tries to set him straight and they won't take the corrected money back. I never worked in fast food, but I wonder how many registers were off at the end of the day.

No comments: