Thursday, August 14, 2008

Lacking ZZZzzz

Annie has been a night owl lately. She will go to bed at her normal time with minimal fuss, but 2am comes around and she is coming into my room. On my side of the bed. Waking me up (and not my husband.) Haven't figured out why both my children come to my side of the bed when they get up in the middle of the night. I am not closest to the door.

Anyway, so, I put Annie back to bed and attempt to go back to sleep. It usually takes a while before I can actually get to sleep again. I am not sure how long I have been trying to go to sleep when I hear the creaking of Annie's door opening. You have got to be kidding me. Since, I had turned her away from my room, I figured she was headed for Rebecca's. I was right. I caught her entering Rebecca's room wearing a headband over her eyes (like sunglasses), a Sleeping Beauty wand and a book of Bible stories. She obviously wasn't going in there to sleep. So, I catch her and take her back to her bed. She cries and I go back to bed. It was ten till 3 at this point.

Annie stays in her room just long enough for me to get to slumber land again when she is standing at my side of the bed again. So, giving up, I put her in bed with me. It takes her a bit to get comfortable. Annie attempts to talk and it is followed up by a SHH! Then she starts stroking my face. Come on how sweet, but annoying can you be and nearly 4am. I totally ignore her and actually get to sleep again. She finally gets the wiggles out and is out too.

7:30am rolls around when Rebecca rallies for the morning. Again to my side of the bed. She thinks that she needs in between Annie and I. She she manages to do that and then decides she doesn't want to sleep, she wants to watch cartoons in the living room. Meaning in order for her to do that I have to get out of bed, find the remote and wake up just enough to find something for her to watch. I told her to not come into my room and ask for breakfast. I told her that I will get her breakfast when I get up. Rebecca gave me an hour before she yells from the living room that she is hungry and wants breakfast. She did exactly what I told her. She did not come into my room to tell me she was hungry, she just yelled it. Hmmm....so I get up and that is the start to my day.


1 comment:

Sami said...

Yeeeess, the joys of motherhood!! I couldn't help laughing as I read your story. It's happened to me soooo many times. Somehow it's easier to laugh about it when it's not me telling the story!